Taking a positive and proactive approach to your health and boosting your immune system is one of the best things you can do right now!
When you are stressed, your body goes into its 'fight-or flight' mode, releasing stress hormones and putting all its energy into getting ready to run! In the process it shuts down your immune system - the one thing you definitely need to boost and keep strong at the moment!
Here are 5 great ways you can boost your immune system right now!
1. De-stress with a Float. Take 60-minutes to chill out and enjoy the ultimate relaxation for the mind and drift your way to tranquillity in one of Nimaya's state-of-the-art floatation tanks. During a float, oxygen is delivered to your cells more efficiently helping your brain to achieve optimal function and allowing your body to heal and rejuvenate.
The body-temperature water is rich in magnesium sulfate and one hour in the float pod helps boost your immune system and circulation, relieves body pain, lowers your stress levels, helps you sleep better and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth.
2. Increase your intake of Vitamin C and Vitamin D3 - It's recommended that we increase our daily Vitamin C intake up to 3000mg to boost our immune systems and stave off infections. Vitamin C is water soluble and is easily flushed out of the body and needs to be replenished regularly. Take it in a number of doses throughout the day to avoid upsetting your stomach!
Vitamin D supports our immune system as well as maintaining strong bones and healthy teeth. Most of us need to supplement our diets during the winter months when we don't get much sunshine, and Vitamin D3 is the natural form – the kind produced in your body as it absorbs sunlight. Take around 2000 IUs daily, starting with 5000 IU/day for two weeks, then reduce to 2000 IU.
3. Chill Out with a Cryo - blast your immune system into action in 3 minues with our Whole Body Cryotherapy - a cold therapy tretment where the body is exposed to intensely chilled temperatures for a few minutes. You'll experience mental and physical health benefits after just one session, although it’s most effective when used regularly.
Cryotherapy has numerous health benefits and is particularly effective for boosting your immune system, chronic pain, migraines, inflammatory conditions such as psoriasis and arthritis, or for anyone experiencing mental health problems such as stress, anxiety or depression.
4. Breathing Under Pressure - experience the awesome power of pure oxygen in our Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber! Lie back in a personal chamber whilst pure oxygen is fed in at a slightly pressurised level, allowing your lungs and blood to take in and absorb more oxygen. HBOT is a simple, pain-free and non-invasive therapy, provided at a level considered as a complementary treatment, to alleviate a range of symptoms and support recovery and wellbeing.
The benefits of HBOT include an increase in your energy levels and feelings of well-being, enhanced immune functions and an increase in anti-oxidant protection, reduction of pain and inflammation in the body, an increase in the body’s tissue function and regeneration, an increase in the creation of new blood vessels, reduction of stress and anxiety whilst helping to relieve depression and it also helps with insomnia and sleep disorders.
5. Get Red, Healthy and Gorgeous - enjoy 20-minutes on our Advanced Red Light Therapy Bed and boost your immune system, relieve those aches and pains and reduce your wrinkles! Red light therapy is a full body treatment which harnesses the healing energy of red and near-infrared light at specific wavelengths.
It is proven to be effective in accelerating natural healing of the body, stimulating the immune system, reducing swelling and inflammation, relieving pain, improving skin appearance by encouraging your skin's natural collagen and elastin production, alleviating anxiety and much more! Nimaya Mindstation are proud to be one of the first UK centres to offer this full body red light treatment to the public!